What is Anxiety - Anxiety is a feeling of worry and nervousness. Anxiety is your body’s natural response to stress. It's fear and nervousness about what’s to come. Anxiety feels differently in different individuals.
Symptoms of Anxiety:
1. Excessive Worry - They worry about little things and blow them out of proportion with a negative twist, you can’t stop worrying.
2. Sleep Disturbance - They have difficulty with repeated thoughts, these thoughts may prevent them from falling asleep. Even if they are able to fall asleep, they may wake up several times during the night and experience nightmares or a restless sleep.
3. Panic Attacks - These can be terrifying episodes in which the individual may experience symptoms similar to those of a cardiac arrest. Their heart and respiratory rates increases, they may have difficulty breathing and feel as though a heavy weight is on their chest and they may break out in a sweat.
4. Nausea and Vomiting - People with anxiety issues may experience nausea and vomiting induced by an inflated stress reaction. It’s made worse when they try to eat while feeling anxious.
5. Muscle Tension - Anxiety often experience muscle tension. This may include wringing hands, balling fists, clenching jaw, stiff neck, or a sore back.
6. Flashbacks - Some people with anxiety will experience flashbacks of a past event which produced severe anxiety for them.
7. Social Anxiety - Some people experience anxiety in social settings such as office parties or where large crowds gather such as amusement parks, shopping malls or grocery stores.
8. Stage Fright - Fear of speaking or performing in public is said to be the biggest fear reported by adults.
1 Peter 5:6-7 (NIV)
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
What would you do when anxiety attacks.
The enemy will do everything within his power to destroy you. The enemy the devil is roaring like a lion, he is looking for someone that he could devour, he’s looking for family to tear apart, he’s looking for a future he can destroy before it has a chance to get started.
He’s looking for an addiction that he can plant in a young person, so they would never live a normal life. The enemy is active, the enemy is busy, you have a bull’s-eye on your back.
The birthmark of a believer is a bull’s-eye.
We as believers are born into a very real battle, the day you become one with Christ the enemy painted a bull’s-eye on your back.
The enemy has been attacking you with thoughts that repeats themselves over and over again, thoughts of failure, thoughts of fear, thoughts of worthlessness, you have panic attacks. The attacks of the enemy often manifest in an overwhelming sense of anxiety.
We’re under attack, but it’s not an ambush you know the enemy is coming.
1 Peter 5:8 (NIV)
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
That means that you can see him, that you can hear him. That means that he is giving you a warning before the warfare begins.We act surprise when we go through a struggles or go through hard situations. Then the true battle begins, and we act like we weren’t warn, this lion the devil is not silent he lets you know he’s coming.
If you are under attack you stand firm, most people will run when you face lion, running seems to be the reasonable thing to do when facing a lion. But when you run the devil knows he has you. Instead stand your ground and resistance. It’s a certain type of resistance, to those who are under attack you need to come under the mighty hand of God.
1 Peter 5:6-7 (NIV)
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
We need to understand that the mighty hand of God is still raining over our lives, humble yourself under the mighty of God. The Hand of God represents his plan, God’s hand is not like any other hand, you deftly know the effects of it when it moves.
To those who are under attack, to those who are depress, under condemnation, dealing with failures, those who hit rock-bottom, to those who are freaking out, crying yourself to sleep.
You have the upper hand, the hand of God, the hand of God is mighty, the hand of God is strong, the hand of God is over your life, you will prevail.